What are the biggest problems facing science ?
Julia Belluz, Brad Plumer, and Brian Resnick have published in Vox “the 7 biggest problems facing science, according to 270 scientists”. These 7 biggest problems are :
- Academia has a huge money problem
- Too many studies are poorly designed
- Replicating results is crucial — and rare
- Peer review is broken
- Too much science is locked behind paywalls
- Science is poorly communicated
- Life as a young academic is incredibly stressful
Read the article online.